Earthquake 3D app for iPhone and iPad
352 ratings )
Current version: 3.92
, last update: 6 months ago
First release : 14 Jul 2011
App size: 11.08 Mb
Zoom and spin your way around the world with this fully immersive 3D Earthquake display app. Earthquake 3D uses animated graphics to show you the "big picture" and visualize large amounts of Earthquake data quickly and easily. Go where no seismogram has gone before with a fascinating and mesmerizing look at the worlds Earthquakes.
- Eight different Earth display types that include population and tectonic plate maps.
- Four different custom view presets.
- Solid and wire frame 3D views with transparent Earth ability.
- A Sequencer that shows Earthquakes as they occurred using animation loops.
- Control Speed, Decay, and Sound of Earthquake sequencer loops.
- Includes 4000+ years of Historic Earthquake information.
- Data from USGS, European EMSC, British Geological Survey, and New Zealand Geonet.
- Current worldwide Volcano activity display..
- Includes DEX depth visualization.
- Individual quake indicator flags that show magnitude or depth.
- Tap on individual indicator flags to show details for each Earthquake.
- Earthquake details include Local Maps, Local News, and Advanced Seismic Information.
- Can import up to four external Earth images that are supplied by the user.
- Uses "point and drag" to position and spin the Earth. Uses "pinching" for zoom.
- Filter Earthquakes by magnitude and age with slider controls.
- Earthquake angle indicators.
- Automatic Refresh Timer
- Retina enabled.
- And much more...
In addition to providing several live sources of current Earthquake information, an Atlas database is also included. The Atlas database shows over 4000 years of Historic Earthquake information. This database (updated periodically) is built-in to Earthquake 3D and is available even when you are off-line.
This edition of Earthquake 3D represents a third generation of this very popular computer program. Started in 2003 as a desktop application, it has become a widely adopted standard for video presentations and visualizations of Earthquake information. This latest edition brings new features and updates to this modern classic. Whether you are exploring the geo sciences, or you just want to find out if you felt that last quake, this app will keep you up to date with the latest Earthquake information.
Pros and cons of Earthquake 3D app for iPhone and iPad
Earthquake 3D app good for
Everything I could have wanted!
Thank you for all the options available in this app.
This is the app version of the software used by earthquake wizard Dutchsinse. Its limitations are in the fact that cannot combine different sources of data (USGD, EMSC, etc.) at the same time. No notifications, but for those you have USGS or other apps. This is for those who want to understand and monitor earthquakes, not just getting a list of them.
È la versione app El software usato da Dutchinse. Ottimo per capire e monitorare la formazione delle scosse sismiche e non soltanto ricevere aggiornamenti. Peccato non si possano combinare insieme diverse fonti di dati sullo stesso schermo.
This is a really amazing app for earthquake monitoring, incredibly detailed views and so many different ways to watch the Earth in real time with interactive high quality vector views, wireframe, 3D models chowing depth, magnitude and much more. Woth every penny and more. The iPad and iPhone versions are incredible;.
Some bad moments
This is by far the worst app for tracking recent earthquakes and is a total waste of your time and money. Do not buy!
This geospatial mashup is about as cool as it gets, even Google does not have it. Seismic info streams across in a easy to read app.
Get it now
Portrait only seems such a shame, it would look fabulous in landscape.
I wish zooming in revealed greater detail rather than pixelated images, but Im hopeful an update at some point would take care of these two.
Nice looking app though.
Very basic. The 3D is nice, but you cant zoom in to a more regional level. I also have a hard time selecting the location where there has been an earthquake - when it works, it just links you to USGS to get the earthquake details.
It feels like this is a work in progress.
Not sure why it sells for $6.99 - ill see if the Apple store will give me a refund. I dont recommend it.
Very good at displaying basic info, needs more drill down functions for individual events. I would have given it a four if it would switch to landscape mode, very annoying...
For some reason, this app hasnt been updated for 2012. It only shows earthquakes for 2011. Basically, I just wasted $6.99. Get this app up to date because right now I do NOT recommend this to anyone...
I would give it 0 stars, but it wont let me
and other. So, download free Earthquake 3D .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually Earthquake 3D iOS app used & searched for